THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY AS NEW INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE.

Last update: June 25, 2020.

At Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic (TOC), there is nothing more important than the health and well-being of our patients, employees, and community. During this time of uneasiness as coronavirus impacts our daily lives, we want to assure you that we remain committed to providing the high quality and compassionate care you have come to expect from your caregivers at TOC. We are Your Team. We are here for you.

We know you have questions and we hope the following will answer your questions as well as provide peace of mind. These Q&As will be updated regularly as the situation changes and new questions surface.

If you have a question that is not answered below, please do not hesitate to call us – phone numbers are located on this page for your convenience. Better yet, access your Patient Portal for communications with our office.

The Patient Portal website will be an important tool for communications with TOC. You will be able to communicate with our office, e-check in (where available), review your lab results and office notes. If you don’t have access to your Patient Portal, sign up here or learn more.

Your Patient Portal offers a travel history questionnaire as part of the e-check-in process. As another safety measure, we are encouraging patients to use the e-check-in option within the Patient Portal.

• Sign in to your Patient Portal.
  • Click Prepare to start Online Check-In
  • Follow On-Screen Instructions For Each Section
  • Under Social History, the questions appear in with all pre-existing questions. Please note for returning patients: click Update beside Social History to access the questions.
Q: IS TALLAHASSEE ORTHOPEDIC CLINIC AND TOC NOW OPEN AND SEEING PATIENTS?

A: Yes, we are open. Your musculoskeletal health and fitness are of utmost importance to us. It is as important to us as it is to you to continue leading a healthy and active lifestyle.

Q: IS IT SAFE FOR ME TO KEEP MY APPOINTMENT? WHAT IS TALLAHASSEE ORTHOPEDIC CLINIC DOING TO HELP?

A: In accordance with CDC guidelines, TOC is following best practices to provide you and our employees with a safe environment.

• All patients, visitors, and TOC employees are required to wear face-coverings when inside any of our clinics. 
  • Increased cleaning our offices, waiting, and exam rooms. We are paying close attention to areas that are touched frequently, such as doorknobs.
  • Hand sanitizer stations available.
  • Following strict handwashing protocols for all employees.
  • Preemptive patient screening per CDC guidelines.
  • Disinfecting all tablets between each patient check-in
  • Providing patients with options to wait in cars rather than in our lobby areas
  • Any TOC providers or team members who meet any of the CDC exposure guidelines above will be required to follow the CDC guidelines for testing and quarantine.
  • As appropriate, TOC has made arrangements for non-clinic staff to work from home as our way to help limit exposure and slow the spread of the virus.
  • We are limiting travel and face-to-face meetings for all employees.
Q: I’M NOT FEELING WELL. SHOULD I STILL COME FOR MY APPOINTMENT?

A: If you’re not feeling well, we strongly encourage you to reschedule your appointment. However, if your orthopedic situation is urgent, please call us in advance so we may be prepared. For non-urgent appointments, rescheduling plays a significant role in helping to slow the spread of any virus whether it is Coronavirus or the flu. Most importantly, if you reschedule, you WILL NOT be charged a missed visit fee.

Q: IS IT OKAY TO BRING SOMEONE WITH ME TO MY APPOINTMENT?

A: To keep everyone safe and protected, we are working to minimize the number of people coming into our clinic. We are asking for your help by only bringing one person with you to your appointment or surgical visit, if possible.

Q: MY PRIMARY CARE DOCTOR CONSIDERS ME TO BE HIGH-RISK PATIENT, BUT I DON’T FEEL SICK. SHOULD I RESCHEDULE?

A: First and most important, if your orthopedic situation is urgent, please call us in advance so we may prepare and provide the appropriate guidance. Your well-being is our priority. However, the CDC recommends rescheduling your appointment if you meet one of the following criteria:

• You have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath) or have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms
  • You know you have been exposed to COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has been exposed
  • You have recently traveled to China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy or any country in Europe including Britain, Ireland, and Scotland or have been in close contact with someone who has traveled there
  • You are a high-risk patient* (*defined by CDC as older adults – 60 years or older – or if you have chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes or lung disease)
  • Please reschedule your appointment and remember, you WILL NOT be charged a missed visit fee.
Q: HOW WILL I KNOW IF THERE IS A CHANGE TO MY CARE SCHEDULE – CONSULTATION APPOINTMENT, SURGERY, FOLLOW-UP OR PHYSICAL THERAPY?

A: First, you are always welcome to call us with any questions about your care or care schedule. But, rest assured we will be proactive in all communications related to your care. We do like to remind you about your Patient Portal and the online ease of communicating with us. If you don’t have your Patient Portal set up yet, sign up here or learn more.

Q: SOME OF MY OTHER DOCTORS ARE OFFERING TELEMEDICINE VISITS. IS THIS SOMETHING AVAILABLE TO ME FOR MY ORTHOPEDIC CARE?

A: Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic offers telemedicine to some of our appointments! Visits most appropriate for a telemedicine visit could include virtual follow-ups, new patient consultations, and symptom management while you’re at home. You will be able to meet with most of our physicians, and of course, if you need in-person follow-ups we’re here for you. Call us today for more information or to see if your type of visit qualifies, and continue to follow us on social media for up-to-date information (850) 877-8174.

Q: WHERE CAN I GET UPDATED INFORMATION FROM TALLAHASSEE ORTHOPEDIC CLINIC?

A: We are offering several sources for updated information.
This Q&A page will continue to be updated regularly.
Follow us on your favorite social media channel – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – for updates
Your Patient Portal is another source for regularly updated information. If you don’t have Patient Portal, sign up here or learn more.

Q: ARE THERE THINGS I SHOULD BE DOING THAT COULD BE HELPFUL DURING THIS TIME?

A: If you have health concerns beyond orthopedic care, we strongly suggest you talk with your primary care provider. We continue to encourage our patients, employees, friends and family to practice safe and simple behaviors being recommended by the CDC and WHO.

• Wash your hands (two “Happy Birthday” verses)
  • Wear a face covering when inside or social distancing cannot be met.
  • Avoid placing your hands on your face, mouth, nose or eyes
  • If soap and water are not readily available use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
  • Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash
  • Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects
  • Avoid close contact with people who are sick
  • Limit your exposure to large crowds